Blessed Be My Rock

January 9, 2011

Holy God and loving Father, 

Thank you that You set my feet upon the solid rock of Jesus Christ, making my footsteps firm. You put a new song in my mouth, a song of perpetual praise to You. (Ps. 40:2, Ps. 40:3)

I know I am blessed because my trust and my hope are in You. I will not place my trust or hope in another, nor turn and look to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood and rebellion. (Ps. 40:4)

I have witnessed many of Your wonders in my life and all around me. I love that Your thoughts are toward me. (Ps. 40:5) I love that You think about and consider me. I know You will not withhold Your compassion from me, even though I feel I do not deserve it. (Ps.40:11)

My heart’s desire, O God, is to do Your will. Your Word is hidden in my heart, that I may not sin against You. (Ps. 119:11) I will not keep silent of Your great love and mercy. I will make known of Your wonders at every opportunity. I will tell of Your faithfulness and of Your salvation. (Ps. 40:9)

Your lovingkindness preserves me when I am pressed and overcome with the thoughts of my iniquities that cloud my mind so much that I cannot see You in the midst. But You, God, lift me out of the fog of my iniquities and set my feet on higher ground. (Ps. 40:11, Ps. 40:12)

Because I am dressed in Your righteousness alone, O God, I may stand boldly before Your throne holy, blameless and beyond reproach. (Col. 1: 22) On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand—all other ground has proven to be sinking sand.

The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. (Ps. 18:46)
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!