My Pet Peeves



Okay, I felt it was time for a really fun post. 

A while back, I filled out a “Get to know ya” form for some function that I have since forgotten, but did remember one question. 

“What is your greatest pet peeve?” 

Wait a second . . . is it “greatest” pet peeve, or would it be “worst” pet peeve?  Whichever it is, I was READY to answer, but only because a few days before I loudly proclaimed from the laundry room my utmost frustration with “tangled wire hangers”! 

“I hate tangled hangers!” 

So, what I want to do in this post is to list my top five pet peeves, actually six since I already list the hangers.There are more, but I'll save some for you.

1) PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS…but expesialy when pubished righters cant spell or use puncuatoin in there facebok potss. (I admit, I'm a bit of a Grammar Nazi.) Oh, and also those WHO YELL IN EVERY SINGLE FACEBOOK POST, COMMENT OR EMAIL!! Take Cap lock OFF please!  

2) When people get they’re “their’s” mixed up. There mistake really greats on me. I wish they could no witch is which. I would add this is neck and neck with "me n' him, or him n' me". (the Grammar Nazi thing again) I had a great teacher, by the way.

3) When people “talk through the bubble”. You know what I mean? That little bubble in the throat that makes you sound like you’ve just inhaled helium? Clear your throat, for Pete’s sake! Cough or something, but don’t just keep talking like you don’t know it’s there!!!  My husband does this all the time, while everyone else in the room is looking at each other and in unison yell, “Clear your throat!”  

4) When you say, "Don't look now, but...", and they do!

5) Answering your cell phone in a movie theater!  My husband and I were with a couple a few years ago, when our friend’s cell phone rang. Thinking he would silence it, I was mortified when he answered and spoke as if sitting in his own living room. You’re our favorite people, but for the next movie, your cell phone stays in the car! 

Okay, you know these are all in fun, because I know that I must surely do things that grate on others, though I can’t imagine what that might be. (wink, wink) 

Now it’s your turn. In the comment section, tell me what your top pet peeves are. This might be fun. Share the post on your page so others can join in.

Oh . . . and . . . I now buy ONLY plastic hangers. No wire hangers in my home. 

9 comments:

  1. One of my pet peeves is saying "for Pete's sake", like I have anything to do with it!! Haha! - Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for goodness sake, Pete! :) My grandmother used to say, "Well, for land's sake".

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Well you know I am just kidding! But is was funny seeing it in your blog! Have a blessed week sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your #3 was my favorite. I have to say my pet peeve is wrinkly un-ironed tablecloths. Also, dress pants ON someone where the hanger creases still show. It's clear I don't like wrinkles which is making the aging process...interesting also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Then my Christmas table would have made you cringe, Kathy! :) Bugged me too. Next year, I'll plan ahead. And I think I am guilty of wearing a pair of those slacks on Sunday morning, hoping no one would notice ...like the new wrinkles on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shari. my pet peeve is to be behind someone paying at a cash register while talking on the phone...or texting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true, Carolyn, as well as those who are blue-toothing rather loudly all alone at their table in a busy restaurant. So, are we finicky or cantankerous? :)

    Blessings Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agreed with so many of yours that I couldn't think of any of my own. :) That is until I went to butter my bread the other day and there were toast crumbs on the butter. Is it just me? Because this is not my first encounter with this particular pet peeve. In addition to the odd bubble in the throat noise, I find it difficult to hear anything anyone is saying when they are foaming at the mouth; i.e. they have bubbled saliva in the corners of their mouth or visible in the back of their mouth. Aye carumba and ewwww. This was an interesting exercise and I've used it in conversation recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to use up all your pet peeves too. I totally hear ya on the ones you listed. And YES! The stuff in the corners of the mouth, but also the little thing in the center of the lips that makes contact when talking and doesn't go away. Like you, I find myself focusing on the "string". I think I'd like to create a poem or something of all the pet peeves listed. Might be fun.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!