Sweet Aroma


"For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing" (2 Cor. 2:15)

Our oldest son was a deep sleeper. Years ago, I thought I would try a different approach in rousing my first-grade sleepyhead for school. Homemade blueberry muffins were practically a staple in our home, and after baking them one morning, I broke a warm one open and placed it under my son’s nose as he slept.

It took several seconds for the aromatic blueberry billows to connect with his slumbering control center, but eventually he awakened to the power of the freshly baked muffin, along with the realization that it was now time for school.

That changed however in high school. No power on earth could wake him, not even the blueberry muffin.

This memory reminds me of the sweet aroma of Christ that each of us can exude into the slumbering spiritual lives of others. It reminds me as well of the mornings I feel as though I am awakened by the sweet warmth of His love as He whispers, “Good morning, My child” into my spirit.

As we allow the Lord to “break us open” to the full flavor and power of the sweet aroma of Christ, He will bring us in line with those who need a fresh awakening in their spirits. Stay soft, warm, and inviting through continuous fellowship with the Holy Spirit, the Giver of all good things—the One in which all power in heaven and on earth lies available to us in order to do the work to which He has called us.


You are the sweet aroma of Christ! 
Allow Him to use you to awaken the sleepy spirit of another, in Jesus' name.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!