We Can Laugh About It Now!




Okay, the Pet Peeve page was fun. And according to the Page Stats, it was a popular post, though for some reason, not everyone likes to comment. Maybe that’s one of their pet peeves?  

Anyway, let’s do it again. Only this time, let’s see how many responders we have in sharing our most embarrassing moment/s. I’m sure, like me, you may have some that caused you to consider changing your identity. Then there are those that—as they say—“we can laugh about now”! Well... maybe.

I wrote of an awkward incident in a post a few months ago that took place in church, no less. You can read about that here. 

So, let me see. Do I share with you about the fashion show in high school in which I discovered too late that red “under things” scream “I’m here!” beneath white slacks on a well-lit stage? I think it was the laughter in the audience when I did “the turn” with my back to the crowd that gave it away, as well as the judges’ written critique! 

Or the time I decided to work on my tan in the driveway of our country home which faced away from the road that was at least 100 yards from our home, where NO ONE could see. And I didn’t want any tan lines, if you know what I mean. I learned that cranking the radio so loudly that you can’t even hear the antenna repair truck as it crossed the noisy cattle guards is not a good idea. Lying in a reclining lawn chair, eyes closed, my head and feet keeping time with the music, I glanced to my left to see an older driver and much younger helper . . . smiling. ( have no idea how long they had been there) I don’t know who was most embarrassed. I honestly don’t remember what happened after that. It’s all a blur. I learned later that my husband had called them, but forgot to notify me of their arrival. (Urge to strangle) 

Then more recently, I spent a few days in the hospital for a worsening illness. As typical, the shift change calls for vitals in the wee hours of the morning. Half-asleep, I managed a weak smile as the young nurse and I exchanged greetings. I should have stopped there. Her scrubs were loose, tied high on the ribs. (You know where this is going don't you?) I asked the question one must NEVER ask unless absolutely certain--
"When is your baby due?"
The ghastly look on her face quickly answered my question, but she replied very flatly, "I'm not pregnant. I do have one child at home."

I thought for a moment I'd been rescued. Again, I should have stopped . . . but I didn't. "Oh, how old is your little one (thinking possibly a new born or even a few months old?"

With a bit of a scowl she added, "He's four."

I seriously thought about changing hospitals.

        --------------------------

And there are more, but I’ll end with that one. Never a dull moment! 

Come on now! I know you have some. Play along.

4 comments:

  1. Well falling off a horse in front of people you don't know was embarrassing and painful. I also tripped on my own feet serving breakfast at the assisted living where I worked. Didn't fall though or drop the food!
    I locked myself out of the house once and had to crawl thru a window. Just so happens it faced the neighbors and their goats and I think they were all laughing when I went in head first and got caught between the bed and the wall. So were are cats who were lined up on said bed watching! Oh I have a zillion but those are the best I can think of right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's hilarious Michelle! I can just picture that. We're not always the most graceful, are we, but hope we are always grace-filled! Amen? Thank you for your comment, Michelle. It's nice to know we are not alone in our awkward moments.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to go with all the fire and police personnel tromping through the house due to the perfectly fine fire in the fireplace. That was plenty embarrassing. But I did try out for cheerleading in high school (which now that I'm adult, I can't understand why since it really wasn't my thing) and it. was. something. else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Was it summer time? I remember calling the fire department when the kids were little and Kaci was a tiny baby. Chuck was traveling. My smoke alarm started beeping in the middle of the night. I didn't know about low batteries. I was thinking it was picking up "trace" smoke. How's that for early detection? :) I could see him over the phone, but I could tell he was smiling. And I'm sure you were coerced into trying out. Ah, the lovely teen years. Thanks for playing along Courtney. Love you girl. Take care.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!