Prayer for My Husband

For the past few months, my husband has mentioned frequent moments of tiredness. As usual, we tend to rationalize symptoms, blaming them on the stress of jobs or other things life brings--even our age. Last Wednesday, we learned it had nothing to do with his job or his age, but rather his heart. The final diagnosis of the cardiologist regarding my husband was that he had major blockage in nearly every artery around the heart. He needs 3 to 5 bypasses in order to function normally again. Please be in prayer with me. His surgery is May 17th.


Father in Heaven, thank you for our lives and for our health. I love You, Father and I love my husband. I am so grateful for him in my life and thankful for all You’ve done.

Thank you Father, that we may draw near to the throne of grace to find help in our time of need. Lord, we need You now, as my husband prepares for bypass surgery, as well as the long recovery in the days and weeks ahead. May he feel Your love and also feel the love of family and friends. Comfort him, Holy Spirit, and free him from worry and stress at this time. 

I am grateful, Lord, for the skilled surgeons and medical staff that will surround Chuck. I ask You to bless the doctors that will attend to him. Give them clarity and wisdom in every decision. May their skills be  strong, their hands be steady and sure, and may the operation go smoothly and successfully. Thank you, Father, for Your presence during surgery, to watch over Chuck and the hands of the doctors. 

Bless Chuck, Father, with speedy recovery, free from stress, illness, and any infection that might impede healing. Bless his body to respond positively to the surgery and all medications. Heal and restore his heart spiritually, Father, as well as physically. 

Thank you Lord, that You have created our bodies to heal. Send healing on the wings of Your Spirit. Be glorified Father, in Chuck’s surgery and his recovery. May Chuck return quickly to normal life and responsibilities. Thank you for loving him Father, even more than I do. 

Thank you for the blessing of resolute and faith-filled family and friends who surround us with strong and unswerving support. Thank you as well for the prayer warriors doing battle on their knees. Hear them from heaven, Lord, and bless them as they have blessed us. 

Thank you Father for opportunities to share our faith, even in the midst of our storms, and to show others of Your amazing love. Help me Lord, to remain steadfast in my spirit, to run and not grow weary, walk and not faint. As my mind is fixed on You Lord, You give me peace beyond description. 

Bless You God, and may Your kingdom come and Your will be done in the coming days. All glory and honor to You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.



5 comments:

  1. Shari, you have my thoughts and prayers for both of you. What a beautiful prayer you have written here!

    My landlord recently went through this as well. When he got to the hospital, they told him he had 98% blockage and he wasn't allowed to leave. This was on a Saturday, and as God would have it, the surgeon needed for this surgery was there. He had just finished performing a similar surgery. Isn't our God amazing?! He had to take six weeks off from work, I think, but he is now back to work, healthier than before.

    I will most certainly remember Chuck both with and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Standing in prayer and agreement with you Shari for you and your husband, Chuck. ((hugs)) along with the prayers!!!

    Sorry but I can't seem to leave a comment here directly from my blog name and so have to do it this way :o(

    Penless Writer - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari, please know that we join you in prayer. May God hold you both close. Please keep us updated. We love you.
    -♥ La Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you ladies. Thank you for your prayers. I praise God for the fellowship of believers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this article very helpful to me ...thanks

    for such a good work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!