Color Me Purple (Just for Fun)

(Originally a writing exercise in a creative writing class I took several years ago.)

My shade is mysterious.

I am the product of a primary combination.

I am as graceful as fresh cut lilacs on the kitchen table caught in the warm rays of the morning sun.

I am as soothing as a lingering lavender bubble bath at the end of a long and tiring day.

I smell of tender violets and taste like an icy, grape Popsicle dripping down your chin in the hot summer sun.

After the rain, I am often the lower arc of the rainbow.

I am as sweet as the plumpest of plums and as full-bodied as vintage wine.

On a bad day, they call me Mauve!

When I’m all dressed up, they call me Amethyst.

My friends just call me...

Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this post. I appreciate every comment. Blessings!